- Written as the title song for the 1954 Paramount Pictures film Red Garters, starring Rosemary Clooney, Guy Mitchell, Jack Carson, Pat Crowley, Gene Barry, Cass Daley and Joanne Gilbert.
- Reb Randall rides into town seeking his brother’s murder in this raucous spoof of the western film genre filmed in the stylized fashion of a Broadway musical.
- The soundtrack on Columbia Records was released as a ten-inch LP combining soundtrack recordings with studio re-creations conducted by Percy Faith and Mitch Miller.
- The film was originally released in 3-D which, combined with the stylized sets and somewhat stagey acting gave it the effect of a Broadway musical filmed in the theater.
- The stylized sets were inspired by an article in Life Magazine about the western Yellow Sky. The article showed the cast of Yellow Sky on sets which were clearly only false fronts, as are the sets in this film.
- Red Garters was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction.
|WRITTEN BY RAY EVANS & JAY LIVINGSTON|