- Written for the 1948 Paramount Pictures film Isn’t It Romantic, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, starring Veronica Lake, Mona Freeman, Mary Hatcher, Roland Culver and Pearl Bailey.
- In rural 18th century Indiana, the three daughters of a Civil War veteran are courted by three young men. The first is a sophisticated city slicker selling phony oil stocks, the second is a local eccentric, and the third a stolid country boy.
- Based on the 1946 novel Gather Ye Rosebuds by Jeannette C. Nolan.
- Isn’t It Romantic is notable for having the shortest review ever given to a motion pictures, according to Guinness World Records. Well-known film critic Leonard Maltin simply replied “No” as a response to the film’s title.
- INDIANA DINNER is performed by Veronica Lake (dubbed by Martha Mears), Mona Freeman (dubbed by Imogene Lynn) and Billy De Wolfe.
|WRITTEN BY RAY EVANS & JAY LIVINGSTON |