- Written for The Tournament of Roses, better known as the Rose Parade held in Pasadena, California every year since 1890.
- In 1902, the Rose Bowl football game was added to the festivities in order to help fund the cost of staging the parade.
- Each year six princesses and one queen are chosen from among the greater-Pasadena high school and college age girls that try out. The royal court ride on a float in the parade.
- Performed by Dinah Shore on The Dinah Shore Chevy Show.
- The Dinah Shore Chevy Show was an hour-long weekly variety television show hosted by Dinah Shore. The show was sponsored by Chevrolet and was broadcast from October of 1956 to June of 1963 on NBC and featured Shore in a variety of songs, skits and production numbers.
|WRITTEN BY RAY EVANS & JAY LIVINGSTON|